Whenever we decide to head into the heart of Sydney to spend the day living the city life, my first thought always goes to visiting the beautiful Strand Arcade, it’s a visually beautiful building both inside and out. But that’s not why I want to go there, it’s for my taste buds – you see we have an iconic Australian family owned chocolate retailer here in OZ that’s simply the best in the Southern Hemisphere. Haigh’s Chocolates!!
I’m a simple pleasures type of gal but it’s Haigh's Milk Marshmallow Kokettes that has me buckling at the knees. These babies are simply divine to your taste buds. Simply put, they are vanilla and raspberry marshmallow coated in milk chocolate. That’s it – I’m in!!!!!
Here’s a great chocolate recipe from the Haigh’s website – give it a go and let me know what you think??
Image: Randy Larcombe, Recipe by: Chris Smith
· 4 x 60g individual Haigh’s Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
· 75g unsalted butter, melted
· 375g desiccated coconut
· 190g caster sugar
· 190g unsalted butter, melted
· 4 large eggs
· 50g fresh mint, chopped
· 2 x 100g Haigh’s Milk Peppermint Chocolate Tablets
1. Preheat oven to 170ºC.
2. Break up the cookies, place into a food processor and process to a fine crumb. Blend with the melted butter and press into a 20cm x 20cm cake tin lined with baking paper.
3. Mix together the coconut and sugar in a large bowl. Add the butter then the eggs and lastly the mint and mix until combined. Pour the mix on top of the biscuit base and bake for 15-20 minutes until slightly golden and textured. Allow to cool. Break peppermint chocolate into pieces and melt gently in either a microwave or a bowl over simmering water.
4. Cover the top of the slice with a layer of the melted Haigh’s Milk Peppermint Chocolate. Using a fork, make a swirl pattern in the chocolate and using a knife mark out the lines where the slice will be cut. Put in the refrigerator to set and then cut along the knife lines.